UK2.net Review Introduction
UK2net is one of the largest web hosting companies in the United Kingdom founded in 1998. It is part of the UK2 Group Organization which owns several other web hosting companies like VPS.net, Dotable, Reseller.biz and more.
UK2.net does not have specific focus in terms of web hosting but in its 14 years of existence, it has sold over a million domain names, hosted thousands of websites and managed dedicated servers for customers all over the world.
UK2.net Hosting Plans
UK2.net has a wide variety of hosting plans to offer. These are shared hosting, cloud hosting, dedicated server hosting, cloud-based VPS hosting and reseller plans.
Shared Hosting – comes in with four (4) different packages which are all Linux-based:
- Starter Plan – designed for a very basic website. Provides 500MB disk space and 1GB bandwidth. Domain name is purchased separately.
- Personal Plan – allows up to 10 websites with unlimited disk space and bandwidth. Gives out one domain and best suited for personal use.
- Business Plan – allows for unlimited websites, disk space, bandwidth, three domain names, free SSL Certificate and dedicated IP address. More suited for eCommerce users.
- Business Cloud Plan – a business plan with all features of cloud based web hosting. Additional exttras are choice of sever locations, an uptime SLA and more premium features.
Reseller Plans – offers customization to upgrade features.
- Starter Plan – 10 domains, 10GB disk space and 100GB bandwidth; does not include domain names or SSL certificates.
- Reseller Plan – unlimited domain names, 100GB disk space and 1000GB bandwidth; comes with 1 free domain name and 5 SSL certificates
- Reseller Plus Plan – similar to Reseller Plan but provides for unlimited disk space, bandwidth, SSL certificates and uptime SLA
VPS hosting – is available through UK2.net and customers can choose between two operating systems, Linux and Windows to suit their VPS requirements. Provides 1GHz processor, 256 MB RAM, 50GB disk space, up to 24 GHz processing power, 23 GB RAM and 500GB space.
Dedicated hosting – allows the customers to choose from eithr Linux and Windows operating systems depending on the type of hardware they need. Provides extras like full server management, backup and reboots.
VPS.net does not boasts on uptime but as a cloud hosting company, they are tasked to provide better reliability for its customers. Should their servers go down, it automatically transfer to another server within seconds.
VPS.net are scattered in 17 locations all around the globe allowing performance maximization.
Customers are supported through a reliable helpdesk 24/7. Live chat, telephone and email support are also in place.
Customers can also purchase a managed service package that provide server management giving the customers a comprehensive SLA that goes beyond what is specified and expected in a standard hosting services.
Other support features include knowledge base, a wiki, company blog, Facebook page and a Twitter account that is moderately active. Technical support staff are very prompt too. For beginners, a well design community forum is also a source of information.
UK2.net Control Panel
Their main control panel is cPanel. Resellers are also offered an exclusive white label control panel allowing them to brand their backend.
They do not offer standard shared hosting services. There are no freebies and credits given to customers too.
UK2.net Money Back Guarantee and Cancellation Policy
Customers have to provide a 30-day written notice to terminate their account. However, only Cloud Hosting package has a money-back guarantee. The money-back guarantee gives customers a 60-day grace period to try out their service.
This company is being different from the majority of other hosting companies because they are based on modern cloud infrastructure. Customers looking for an upgraded shared hosting services and are not willing to pay the extra, this company would be the best choice.
- 60 seconds deployment
- Semi Managed Hosting
- Linux & Windows Templates
- Rebootless Upgrades
- Auto Healing Technology
- Powerful Cloud API
- 24/7 support