VPS.net Review Introduction
VPS.net is a web hosting company with primary focus on cloud VPS hosting. However, its server farms are continuously expanding and its services are targeted at customers looking for something more than shared web hosting. Now it offers other few alternatives as well.
VPS.net Hosting Plans
VPS.net has a wide variety of hosting plans to offer. While it is focused on cloud-base VPS hosting, it also offers “elastic” VPS hosting and a cloud VPS reseller plan.
VPS.net has also come up with ‘elastic VPS’ hosting which allows you to scale up or down the server space you need. There are three Elastic VPS plans.
- The Small plan provides between 3 and 6 GHz processor power, 1880 MB to 3706 MB Ram, between 50 and 100 GB storage space and between 5 and 10 TB bandwidth.
- The Medium plan allows you to choose 6 GHz processor power, 3760 MB RAM, 100 GB disk space and 10 TB bandwidth up to 12 GHz processor power, 7520 MB RAM, 200 GB disk space and 20 TB bandwidth.
- The Large plan allows you to vary your hosting from 12 GHz processor power, 7520 MB RAM, 200 GB disk space and 20 TB bandwidth up to 24 GHz processor power, 15040 MB RAM, 400 GB disk space and 40 TB bandwidth.
VPS.net has a VPS reseller plan based on its cloud hosting inrastructure, but you need to contact the company directly for a quote if you’re interested in this. Prices aren’t published.
Cloud hosting through VPS.net also comes in three different packages.
- The Business plan provides 5 GB disk space, 250 GB bandwidth and is designed for traffic equal to approximately 25,000 visitors per month.
- The Pro plan provides 25 GB disk space, 500 GB bandwidth and is designed for traffic equal to approximately 125,000 visitors per month.
- The High-Traffic plan provides 50 GB disk space, 1 TB bandwidth and is designed for traffic equal to approximately 500,000 visitors per month.
VPS.net does not boasts on uptime but as a cloud hosting company, they are tasked to provide better reliability for its customers. Should their servers go down, it automatically transfer to another server within seconds.
VPS.net are scattered in 17 locations all around the globe allowing performance maximization.
VPS.net customers are supported through a reliable helpdesk 24/7. Live chat, telephone and email support are also in place.
Customers can also purchased a managed service package that provide server management giving the customers a comprehensive SLA that goes beyond what is specified and expected in a standard hosting services.
Other support features include knowledge base, a wiki, company blog, Facebook page and a Twitter account that is moderately active. Technical support staff are very prompt too. For beginners, a well design community forum is also a source of information.
VPS.net Control Panel
VPS.net main control panel is cPanel. Resellers are also offered an exclusive white label control panel allowing them to brand their backend.
VPS.net does not offer standard shared hosting services. There are no freebies and credits given to customers too.
VPS.net Money Back Guarantee and Cancellation Policy
VPS.net customers have to provide a 30-day written notice to terminate their account. However, only Cloud Hosting package has a money-back guarantee. The money-back guarantee gives customers a 60-day grace period to try out their service.
VPS.net is being different from the majority of other hosting companies because they are based on modern cloud infrastructure. Customers looking for an upgraded shared hosting services and are not willing to pay the extra, VPS.net would be the best choice.
- 60 seconds deployment
- Semi Managed Hosting
- Linux & Windows Templates
- Rebootless Upgrades
- Auto Healing Technology
- Powerful Cloud API
- 24/7 support