VPSlink Review Introduction
VPSlink is a hosting company that operates under the umbrella of Endurance International Group (EIG) since 2002. It has been providong Linux based VPS hosting services starting 2006.
VPSlink, as its name suggests, is focused purely on VPS hosting. Its plans are catered to Linux experts who need more resources.
VPSlink Hosting Plans
VPSlink offers five hosting plans: Link-1 Plan, Link-2 Plan, Link-3 Plan, Link-4 Plan and Link-5 Plan
- Link-1 Plan provides customers with 2.5 GB disk space, 100 GB bandwidth, 64MB RAM and one dedicated IP adress. This plan supports Linux hosting on the Xen platform. This is best suited for stand-alone services.
- Link-2 Plan has available disk space of up to 5GB, with 150GB bandwidth and the dedicated RAM to 128MB. It is recommended for static sites.
- Link-3 Plan is similar to the Link-2 Plan but has 10GB disk space, 300GB bandwidth and 256 MB RAM. This plan is designed for small dynamic sites.
- Link-4 Plan is a set up from the Link-3 Plan with 20GB disk space, 500GB RAM and 512 MB RAM. This plan provides customers with 3 dedicated IP adress. This plan is recommended for larger sites with dynamic content.
- Link-5 is the the topend VPS plan available through VPSlink. This provides 40GB disk space, 1000GB bandwidth, 1024 MB dedicated RAM, and 5 dedicated IP addresses. This plan is ideal for users who want to host multiple sites.
Besides these plans, VPSlink has its own referral and an affiliate program for customers who wants to earn for referring new customers.
VPSlink promises no uptime guarantee but its worth is common among VPS hosting providers. Their data centers are located in Boston, US. Their servers are being monitored and protected with 24 hour security personnel.
VPSlink is clear about what its technical support can provide and cannot provide. VPS clients can get detailed information on their website. Queries pertaining to root password resets, hostname configuration and other issues with physical server hardware are supported by VPSlink. While software configuration, 3rd party control panels and applications are not supported.
VPSlink customers can get access to other support features like a community blog, a wiki, community forums and knowledge base for self-help purposes. For technical queries, customers have access to a ticketing system and a telephone. They have a Twitter account too but is rarely being optimized.
VPSlink Control Panel
VPSlink offers cPanel and WHM control panels to its customers. Both are supported by a technical team. It allows installation of a third party control panel but is not supported by its technical team.
VPSlink do not offer any obvious or special extras in their VSP plans except for a good choice of operating system.
VPSlink Money Back Guarantee and Cancellation Policy
VPSlink does not advertise any money-back guarantee but there’s a 30-day money-back guarantee stated in their Terms and Conditions. However, customers are advised to check their eligibility for refund just the same.
VPSlink is very clear about its target market and the company set up offers “no frills” VPS hosting at a low cost.
- Linux Operating System
- Foot root access
- Instant set up
- Change and Re-install OS On Demand
- Inuitive Server Control Center
- LAMP and Ruby on Rails VPS Hosting
- Zero-downtime Upgrades
- SC SI RAID Storage Available
- High-securityCommercial Data Center